NBASRA Aboriginal Team NB Coordinator
Position: Aboriginal Team NB Coordinator
The Aboriginal Team NB Coordinator will provide support and assistance to the Chefs de Mission and Assistant Chefs de Mission before the Games. He/She will play a lead role in coordinating the Aboriginal Team NB Rally; the Aboriginal Team NB Municipal/University Team Membership Program; logistical support in the planning of Mission Staff meetings; transportation logistics; the uniform distribution; and exchange program; and will assist with the development; coordination and booking of Team flights, selection and ordering of Team competitive and walk-out clothing, media guides and coach/manager/athlete handbooks.
The Coordinator is responsible to and reports to the Chefs de Mission, the Assistant Chefs de Mission and the New Brunswick Aboriginal Sport and Recreation Authority on all Games related matters.
Qualifications / Skills:
Proven interpersonal, communication and administrative skills; interest in and enthusiasm for Games and working in a multi-sport environment; willingness to operate independently and in a team environment; willingness to perform functions and duties in addition to pre-assigned duties; and an ability to provide excellent service to Aboriginal Team NB.
The successful candidate should also possess the following:
- Competency in English required.
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Office Suite).
The Coordinator will be employed for a 17-month term commencing April 2013 and ending August, 2014.
The position is based on a 36.25 hour work week Monday to Friday (8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with some evening and weekend work required). The rate of pay is $1,500 per month. Location – TBD.
Aboriginal Team Rally
- Provide support and leadership in the planning and coordination of Aboriginal Team NB Rally. The Coordinator will serve as the primary contact and resource person responsible for planning and hosting the Rally.
Aboriginal Team NB Fundraising Program
- Implement and coordinate a program for 2014 that will solicit support from New Brunswick’s business and First Nation communities and groups to ensure all supporting partners are properly recognized.
- To assist with the development and production of the Media Guides and coach/ manager /athlete handbooks.
- Send press releases to NB media.
- Lead on communication to coaches, managers, mission staff, parents, 2014 NAIG Host Society.
- Arrange travel for team to 2014 North American Indigenous Games in Regina, Saskatchewan.
- Sourcing out and ordering competitive uniforms and Walk-out uniforms for Aboriginal Team New Brunswick.
- Making sure 2014 Host Society deadlines for team registrations, numbers and monies are strictly adhered to.
- To assist with other responsibilities as requested by the Chef de Mission and Assistant Chef de Mission including, but not limited to, transportation logistics; the uniform distribution and duties as required.
Applicants Name: ___________________________
Postal Code ______________
Home Phone: _________________________ Alternate Phone: ___________________
Email Address: _____________________________
Please attach resume and cover letter.
If you have any questions, please contact: Pat Bernard at 999-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org